SKILLS ACADEMY MODEL
The Okanagan Hockey Ontario Skills Academy gives developing hockey players the opportunity to participate in daily OHO programming. Skills Academy student-athletes learn the OHO core values and daily expectations while still playing with their minor hockey program.
The OHO Skills Academy allows student-athletes to complete their hockey training as part of the school day. Henry Street High School provides modified scheduling, allowing student-athletes to meet their academic and hockey goals.
TEN-MONTH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- 2 on-ice practices, 2 ETS workouts per week + mindfulness/activity days.
- Approximately 80 on-ice sessions and 80 workout sessions
- Mindfulness Activity Days
(Yoga, group activities, individual game video review, life-skills presentations )
- Goalie Development: Armour Goaltending
(1x a week goalie sessions)
- On – Ice and Off – Ice Testing throughout the year
( 3 to 4 testing dates throughout year)
- Okanagan Staff to mentor players through minor hockey season
- Staff to watch minimum of 5 games per students and complete video review.
- Gear Included: Practice Jersey, 1 T-shirt, 1 short, 1 NB Hoodie and track pant.
SAMPLE BI-WEEKLY SCHEDULE
Click the link below to see a sample schedule for OHO Skills Academy student-athletes.
$9,500.00 plus HST.
PROGRAM FEES COVER
- Professional On-Ice Instruction provided by full-time staff from the Okanagan Hockey Group
- On-Ice sessions will be delivered by a fully trained coach from the Okanagan Hockey Academy
- On-Ice sessions include Goalie Instruction
- On-ice sessions (ice time rental)
- Instructor Costs – on-ice and off-ice
- Coaching equipment and supplies
DOWNLOAD THE OHO SKILLS ACADEMY PROSPECTUS
If the Okanagan Hockey Ontario Skills Academy is one of the options you may be considering, we invite you to download our Prospectus by entering your email –
SKILLS ACADEMY STAFF
ON ICE INSTRUCTOR – SKILLS ACADEMY
OKANAGAN HOCKEY GROUP SKILLS DEVELOPMENT COACH
Duco is also the Skill Development Coach for the Pickering Panthers Jr. A team. Previously, Duco was an assistant coach for the Peterborough Petes of the OHL during the 2017-18 season after serving as a head coach with the ECHL’s Elmira Jackals the previous season. On top of his duties with the Petes, he also was involved with the Peterborough Minor Hockey Association as a skills development coach and player evaluator.
The Toronto, Ont. product enjoyed an extensive nine-year professional playing career that saw him play 18 games in the NHL with the Florida Panthers and Vancouver Canucks, 267 games in the AHL, as well as time spent in the ECHL and Europe. Duco played parts of five seasons in the OHL with the Kitchener Rangers, where he was part of the 2008 J. Ross Robertson Cup winning team as OHL champions.
MALE SKILLS ACADEMY COORDINATOR
Collins joins OHO as our Skills Academy and Camp Coordinator. Todd brings many years of coaching experience to OHO, from minor hockey through to the junior levels. Todd’s first introduction to OHO was as the Head Coach of the Okanagan Hockey Prospects Spring team.