camps/ U9 Development
Our U9 Development Camp focuses on the FUNdamentals of hockey. This beginner camp includes puck handling skills, which are essential in hockey because they enable you to control the puck while skating, pass accurately to teammates, and shoot with precision.
Skating is another critical component of hockey because it enables you to move quickly and efficiently on the ice, allowing you to get into position for shots, passes, and defensive plays. Practicing skating skills can involve working on your stride, crossovers, and turns, as well as improving your speed and agility. Skating drills, such as figure-eight drills or cone drills, can also help you improve your skating technique.
Small area games are an excellent way to practice both puck handling and skating skills in a game-like setting. These games are typically played on a smaller ice surface with fewer players, which allows for more puck touches and more opportunities to practice game situations. Small area games can include 1-on-1, 2-on-2, or 3-on-3 games, as well as games that focus on specific skills, such as passing or shooting.
Overall, by focusing on puck handling, skating, and small-area games, you can develop the core competencies needed to become a better hockey player and improve your performance on the ice.
Practicing your puck-handling skills can involve using a stickhandling ball or practicing with a puck on a smooth surface. It’s also important to practice different types of passes, such as backhand passes and saucer passes, to improve your passing accuracy.
- Our well-structured and comprehensive camp that focuses on developing the core skills needed for young hockey players to succeed.
- The emphasis on individual skill development is a great way to build a solid foundation for future growth, and the 7 player-to-instructor ratio ensures that each participant receives individual attention and feedback.
- The camp’s focus on stride development techniques, including balance, posture, edge work, and mobility, is essential for developing strong skating skills.
- Proper puck handling, passing, and shooting techniques are also crucial for young players to master, and the camp’s focus on these skills will help participants improve their game.
- Small area games are an excellent way to teach decision-making, puck protection, and teamwork, as they provide a game-like setting that allows for practice in real game situations.
- The end-of-camp championship game is a fun and exciting way for participants to apply the skills they’ve learned throughout the camp.
- The written player evaluation and feedback are a valuable tool for young players to receive personalized feedback on their performance and areas for improvement.
- With 2.5 hours of ice time daily, participants will have ample opportunity to practice and refine their skills.
- A well-structured and enjoyable camp focused on developing essential hockey skills in a safe, positive, and fun environment.
- Our camp focuses on individual skill development for both male and female players. The camp provides a structured, safe, positive, and fun environment for goaltenders to learn and develop their skills.
- The camp teaches the building blocks of fundamental goaltending skills, including body position, proper stance, angles and crease depth, save technique, and rebound control. Goaltenders will also learn how to move with speed, power, and control through repetitive movement drills.
- In addition to individual skill development, the camp also integrates goaltenders into game situation drills to prepare them for real game scenarios. There is also a written goaltender evaluation and feedback provided to help goaltenders understand their strengths and areas for improvement.
- The camp concludes with an end-of-camp championship game, where goaltenders can showcase their skills in a game setting. Each day, goaltenders will have 2.5 hours of ice time with a dedicated goalie instructor, who will provide personalized coaching and guidance throughout the camp.
- This camp is designed to provide goaltenders with a comprehensive and immersive experience to help them develop and improve their skills in a supportive and fun environment.
INDUSTRY LEADER SINCE 1963