You are making the jump from non-contact to contact hockey. The way the game is played from here on is different than you are used to. This can make some players apprehensive about the next level.
Our Contact Camps are designed to take the unknown out of that next step and provide players with the tools and skills to confidently play contact hockey. The week will progress from learning how to angle properly through to how to initiate contact with the purpose of separating player from puck. Learn the techniques required to protect yourself and to use body contact to your advantage in a safe manner.
WHAT WE FOCUS ON:
- Skating – speed, agility, and balance development as contact comes in to play
- Fundamentals of body contact
- Situational and spatial awareness
- Teaching a “Heads Up” mind set
- Puck Separation techniques
- Body positioning and puck protection
- Learning how to train as an elite athlete
*This is a must do camp if you are entering into contact hockey!
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Fully supervised hockey camp experience
- 2.5 hours of ice time per day
- Daily session in our Off Ice Skills Centre
- Daily strength and conditioning
- Meal plan option available
- Souvenir Okanagan Hockey 60th Anniversary jersey
- End of session game
- Written evaluation
INDUSTRY LEADER SINCE 1963