Hockey people talk about it all the time. Today’s game is all about speed and skill!
Our Speed Camp is essential for those looking to play the game FASTER. Over the 5 day camp, players will create explosive power to increase tempo. Translate edge work into speed generation and learn how to use a mental approach to creating speed. Use of puck movement to increase pace of play will be at the forefront of this popular camp.
WHAT WE FOCUS ON:
- On Ice WHL Combine testing to establish a baseline
- Skating – quick feet, power, explosiveness and agility
- Stride mechanics and edge control
- Building speed while moving laterally
- Challenging players to play at a higher speed through drills designed around foot work
- Increasing pace of play with and without the puck
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Fully supervised hockey camp experience
- 2.5 hours of ice time per day
- Combines results and access to Combines database for comparing results
- Daily session in our Off Ice Skills Centre
- Daily strength and conditioning
- Meal plan option available
- Souvenir Okanagan Hockey 60th Anniversary jersey
- End of session game
- Written evaluation
WANT TO BECOME A PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY PLAYER?
OKANAGAN HOCKEY ACADEMY
IS THE PLACE TO DO IT!