camps/ U9 Advanced
The U9 Advanced Camp is an excellent opportunity for experienced young hockey players to enhance their skills and improve their game! The camp provides a comprehensive approach to player development, with a focus on advanced skating techniques, puck handling, passing, and shooting skills, as well as small area games and teamwork.
Okanagan Hockey Camps emphasize a safe, positive, and fun environment for both male and female players.
With a 7:1 player-to-instructor ratio and written player evaluations, participants will receive individual attention and feedback to help them progress and reach their full potential.
The U9 Advanced camp is an excellent opportunity for more experienced young hockey players to improve their skills, make new friends, and have fun!
*Please note this camp recommends two years of minor hockey experience.
- Advanced skating and skill development for experienced players
- Full-day camp with 2 – 1.25 hour ice sessions per day
- Opportunity to meet new teammates and make new friends
- Structured, safe, positive, and fun environment for male and female players
- Stride development techniques focusing on balance, posture, edge work, and mobility
- Emphasis on puck handling, passing, and shooting skills with proper techniques
- Small area games designed to teach decision-making, puck protection, and teamwork
- End of the week championship game
- Daily off-ice skills and activities
- 7:1 player-to-instructor ratio
- Written player evaluation and feedback provided
- Our camp focuses on individual skill development for both male and female players. The camp provides a structured, safe, positive, and fun environment for goaltenders to learn and develop their skills.
- The camp teaches the building blocks of fundamental goaltending skills, including body position, proper stance, angles and crease depth, save technique, and rebound control. Goaltenders will also learn how to move with speed, power, and control through repetitive movement drills.
- The camp concludes with an end-of-camp championship game, where goaltenders can showcase their skills in a game setting. Each day, goaltenders will have 2.5 hours of ice time with a dedicated goalie instructor, who will provide personalized coaching and guidance throughout the camp.
- This camp is designed to provide goaltenders with a comprehensive and immersive experience to help them develop and improve their skills in a supportive and fun environment.
INDUSTRY LEADER SINCE 1963