combines/ association & team testing
The Western Hockey League, in partnership with Okanagan Hockey are the number choice for western North America’s high-volume athlete assessment using comprehensive on-ice and off-ice testing with state of the art equipment designed by Sport Testing Inc. There is a reason why the WHL Combines are being used consistently at hockey’s leading events, including the Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, WHL Team Testing, Provincial High Performance Camps, WHL U.S. Combine Camp powered by Under Armour, Western Prospects Bantam Showcase and more.
Whether you are looking to following the WHL Combine testing standard, or have your own criteria you want to follow, we can fully customize your testing experience.
Hosting try-outs, evaluations, showcase, unique events, skills competition, and want to track your group’s development over time? We’ll come to you! We have WHL Combine testing hubs set up in Penticton, BC and Calgary, AB. Passing through our neighborhood for an upcoming tournament, add value to your trip with group combine testing!
VALUE FOR COACHES, EVALUATORS AND TRAINERS & PLAYER MANAGEMENT
TESTING + ANALYTICS = SUPERIOR DECISION MAKING
- Unbiased identification ability, strengths and weaknesses of participants
- Evaluate athletes using one comprehensive metric combining drill data and performance
- Easily compare multiple athletes on one standard score
- Use historical data to predict future success, identify prospective athletes and much more
The WHL Combine Testing crew have the ability to test 40 athletes in a 75 minute ice session or up 500 athletes in one day! No stop watches, no clipboards, no human error! Whether you’re looking to test your team during practice, or test your entire association’s rep tryouts in one day, we can do it, and we’ll do it right!
While scouting and coaching ability certainly play a role, testing is a big piece of the puzzle. Testing puts everyone on the same playing field, using historical data to predict future success.
Okanagan Hockey has built a team with expertise in the leading edge of decision analytics, with a wealth of experience in on-ice testing. This combination of testing and analytics leads to superior decision-making, allowing you and your organization to effectively predict a player’s future success.
- Player Specific On-Ice Testing
- Goalie Specific On-Ice Testing
- Hockey Specific Off-Ice Testing
- State of the Art Technology from Sport Testing Inc.
- Individual Athlete Assessment
- Complete Athlete Comparisons and Rankings
SportTesting Analytics are the future!
They provide an un-biased view of your athletes’ abilities both on and off the ice. They allow you to track them as they grow and, most importantly, they provide the ability to measure your athletes against the best and build an ideal development plan.
The bottom line? SportTesting Analytics will help your organization become smarter and faster than the competition.
Test. And be ahead of the curve.
In addition to the individual Athlete Reports sent to each participant, we will provide multiple detailed Coach Reports for your evaluating, assessment and development needs.
- Overall Rank: participants are ranked based on overall testing performance
- Positional Rank: participants are ranked by based on overall testing performance and by position
- Test Rank: participants are ranked based on testing performance in a single test
- Hockey Specific Off-Ice Testing
TEAMS & ASSOCIATIONS USING WHL COMBINE TESTING/SPORT TESTING INC.
- Anaheim Ducks
- Dallas Stars
- Edmonton Oilers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Montreal Canadiens
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Winnipeg Jets
- Everett Silvertips
- Medicine Hat Tigers
- Swift Current Broncos
Western Canada Branch High Performance Programs:
- BC U15
- BC U16
- BC Female High Performance
- Alberta U15
- Alberta U16
- Saskatchewan U15
- Manitoba U15
- Manitoba U16
Additional High Performance/Elite Events
- Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
- NHL Central Scouting Database
- U16 Western Canada Challenge Cup
- WHL Development Combines
- WHL U.S. Combine Camp powered by Under Armour
- Western Prospects Showcase
This is an opportunity to be tested using the same equipment and tests that are utilized at the Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, as well as NHL teams, including the Montreal Canadiens, Edmonton Oilers, Los Angeles Kings and Philadelphia Flyers. This year all four Western Provinces will test their top U15 athletes as part of their High Performance programs, including additional high performance programs and events. The reality is, as a competitive hockey player, eventually you may be in a situation where you will have to perform the combine testing under pressure, and your performance will affect your chances of making the cut. Here’s an opportunity for you to familiarize yourself with each test and experience the testing in a comfortable setting, with constructive feedback!
After being tested, athletes are given access to an extensive on-line database with WHL tested players. Athletes can compare themselves against other athletes to see where they rank against the best while at the same time using their individual test scores to make adjustments to their own training and skill development programs to help them reach their highest level.
The test results for all athletes are entered into the exclusive WHL Database that is used by WHL General Managers and Head Scouts to track and identify athletes for their teams.
Upon completion of a WHL Combine Testing, each participant receives the following:
- Athlete Report: individual athlete results and combine comparative results to event peers
- Sport Pulse: progress report comparing all historical individual athlete testing results
- Access to WHL Database: compare your results to over 10,000 athletes tested with WHL Combines
- Access to Sport Testing Database: compare your results to over 25,000 athletes tested with SportTesting
- Use your results to track your development progress, highlight areas of weakness, and target your off-ice and on-ice training needs
- All WHL General Managers have access to WHL Combine Database as a prospect/scouting resource