Fort St. John • Winnipeg, MB • Vancouver, BC • Calgary, AB • Edmonton, AB • Saskatoon, SK • Las Vegas, NV • Denver, CO
Okanagan Hockey in partnership with the WHL are pleased to again be offering our WHL Development Combine weekends. These 2 ½ day events are a unique opportunity for players to be tested both on and off the ice. The weekend is designed to assist high level minor hockey players with their skill development, ability assessment, and provide exposure to the WHL by participating in comprehensive on-ice & off-ice testing. Open to players born 2006-2011.
Testing can provide a significant advantage over your competition!
- Measure your individual development over time. This provides greater insight and will assist in evaluating your training program to ensure you are focusing on the right areas.
- Evaluate your strengths and weaknesses, as these change as you grow, develop and improve.
- Showcase your improvement over the years to come. Multiple test scores provide Scouts and Managers more information on an athlete’s progression and work ethic
- Souvenir WHL Combines jersey
- Personalized Athlete Report to show you compared to others in the event
- Access to online results and WHL Combine Database
- Ability to generate reports and compare to others in the database
- Top Athlete awards in each location. Overall leader board and awards for overall best athlete in all events
- On Ice Combine Testing
- Off Ice Combine Testing
- On Ice Sessions focusing on:
- Movement and agility
- Decision making, execution and hockey IQ
- Compete level
- Game play
- WHL Presentation for athletes and parents
- League and education opportunities
- WHL Combine information session
- Reports and results interpretation
- WHL Team Personnel seminar
- What do teams look for in players?
- All WHL team scouts are invited to each event and sent all testing results and player contact information
Event Focus & Benefits
- On and Off Ice testing provides a technical assessment of speed, power and agility
- On ice tests focus on skating and the key physical skills necessary to play the game at an elite level.
- On ice Development session will provide athletes with skills to improve speed, movement and agility
- Become a part of a select group of elite players and teams already using testing to monitor and adjust training programs. All Okanagan Hockey Academy teams test multiple times throughout the season to monitor progress.
- Build your testing confidence. Currently Combine testing is done at many high performance programs events from the CHL Top Prospects down to Provincial High Performance programs. Ensure you are ready to perform at your best!
- All results from WHL Development Combine events are shared with all WHL scouts and managers.
Upon completion of testing, athletes are given access to an extensive on-line database with over 25,000 athletes tested by the WHL Combines. Athletes can set filters within the database by gender and age, to see how they compare to other players. Athletes can also review progress reports within each individual test to self-assess, pin-point areas of needed improvement and make adjustments to their own training and skill development programs.
- Athlete Report: This is provided after each completed WHL Combine testing event. It includes your individual results and combine comparative results to event peers
- Sport Pulse: This is updated after each completed WHL Combine testing event. It is a comprehensive progress report portraying your results over time, within each individual test.
- Access to WHL Database: compare your results to over 25,000 athletes tested with WHL Combines
- Access to Sport Testing Database: compare your results to over 50,000 athletes tested with Sport-Testing
Use your results to track your development progress, highlight areas of your game that need improvement, target your off-ice and on-ice training needs, and set goals for future testing events!
The WHL Development Combines provide players with a unique player development experience where they will measure themselves through standardized testing protocols. The ability to compare results and identify areas to improve will enable players to take their game to the next level as they strive to play at the highest possible level.
WHL Development Combines are an exciting opportunity to focus on your individual development, gain a better understanding of your ability, and learn more about the WHL. Attending a Development event is an excellent educational and developmental opportunity for all players.
If you have any further questions, please contact: email@example.com